Thursday, June 15, 2006

success and fears

Hi, everybody. Matt Morris-president and CEO of success University mailed this to me. I found it quite interesting and challenging, so, I decided to share it with you all.
''Some people chose to let their fears get in the way of their success. They chose to take the easy road, instead of challenging themselves to "get in the game" .
Here's my advice...
Whether... asking your boss for a raise, starting your own business, or anything else you might be fearful of, remember this - you'll never be able to let go of your fear unless you Just Do It. (Thanks Nike)
Here's one of the most important lessons I've learned in my road to success...
Not stepping out of your comfort zone is the #1 obstacle that will get in the way of your success!
The only secret to my success, if there really are any secrets, is that I have constantly pushed myself to get OUT of my comfort zone.
Here's the rule:
Successful people do what unsuccessful people are unwilling to do.
Once you begin getting out of your comfort zone, something very interesting happens...
It starts getting easier and easier to do things that you normally would be completely terrified of. For me, one of my biggest fears in life was public speaking. Once I got in front of an audience and broke through my initial fear, it became easier the 2nd time... then easier the 3rd time... then easier the 4th... etc...
Once the mind expands, it never goes back to its original form!''


Tags: , ,

1 comment:

Christie's Corner said...

wow! Ruby this is neat.

''Some people chose to let their fears get in the way of their success. They chose to take the easy road, instead of challenging themselves to "get in the game" .

-I'll always remind my of this, thks 4 sharing and more posts pls!